5 summer tips for healthy teeth
This summer, stay hydrated and healthy. But think carefully when you choose your beverage – some drinks can increase your risk of tooth decay.
- Drink waterKeep your mouth moist by drinking water throughout the day. This helps wash away plaque-causing bacteria and can even improve your breath.
- Choose tapFluoridated tap water strengthens your enamel, making your teeth more resistant to decay.
- Skip the bubblesThe acid in carbonated drinks can wear down your enamel.
- Use a strawIf you drink acidic beverages, reduce their contact with your teeth by using a straw and finishing the drink quickly, instead of sipping over a long period of time.
- Try teaTea contains compounds that suppress bacteria, slowing down tooth decay and gum disease. Just remember: Don’t add sugar!